F+H Studios | Care Guide
LOVE ME TENDER...
F+H Jewellery is made to premium standards, with only the highest quality gold and sterling silver micron plating, designed with a selection of our favourite natural gemstones and freshwater pearls, however just like your favourite silk slip dresses and designer shoes, all good quality products still need a little bit of tender loving care.
- Lightly wipe your jewellery with a jewellery cloth after each wear to remove any unwanted chemicals on the surface of your jewellery.
- Gently polish your items to bring back a shine and remove any tarnish.
- Take care not to over polish plated objects as you may remove the plating.
- Be sure to wash your hands after using a specialized jewellery cloth as they contain chemicals to enhance the cleaning process.
- It is essential that you clean your jewellery and avoid chemicals, as tarnishing is not considered a fault. Our jewellery must come into contact with chemicals for tarnishing to occur, and this will not be covered by our warranty.
What to avoid:
Plated metals will react with chemicals and can cause jewellery to tarnish, however cleaning and storing your jewellery correctly will help to minimise this.
- Avoid wearing your jewellery when completing activities such as cleaning, gardening, swimming and showering.
- Apply your cosmetics, moisturisers and hair products before adding your jewellery with clean hands.
- Do not spray perfume directly onto or around your jewellery.
- Avoid impact with hard surfaces, including other items of jewellery. This will protect against scratching and chipping.
- Please note that all metals oxidise naturally with time and will require maintenance.
Purchase a Town Talk jewellery cloth on our site here.
Gemstones are delicate and will chip or shatter on impact with hard surfaces. Please take care when handling and storing.
Please note that stones that break due to mishandling will not be viewed as faulty.
Store your item in a moisture free room, in the box or pouch provided. Moisture and humidity can cause oxidisation and tarnishing, so please avoid storing your jewellery in the bathroom and keep your jewellery away from all sources of heat.
Adjusting your items
Adjustable rings are designed to be altered to your size once, and damage caused by excessive bending will not be viewed as a product fault. Adjust your item to the correct size by applying light pressure to bend the metal. Please keep in mind that continual adjustment will cause the metal to fatigue and may cause damage.