F+H Studios | Care Guide
LOVE ME TENDER...
F+H Jewellery is made to premium standards, with only the highest quality gold and sterling silver micron plating, designed with a selection of our favourite gemstones and freshwater pearls, however just like your favourite silk slip dresses and designer shoes, all good quality products still need a little bit of tender loving care.
Tarnishing occurs when metals react with chemicals causing oxidisation, so please be careful to avoid chemicals that might cause a reaction and clean your jewellery regularly. Our jewellery is safe to wear in water, however for the longevity of your jewellery we advise against it.
- Lightly wipe your jewellery with a soft cloth after each wear to remove any unwanted chemicals on the surface of your jewellery.
- Gently polish with a jewellery cloth your items to bring back a shine and remove any tarnish.
- Take care not to over polish plated objects as you may remove the plating.
- Be sure to wash your hands after using a specialized jewellery cloth as they contain chemicals to enhance the cleaning process.
- It is essential that you clean your jewellery and avoid chemicals, as tarnishing is not considered a fault. Our jewellery must come into contact with chemicals for tarnishing to occur, and this will not be covered by our warranty.
What to avoid:
- Avoid wearing your jewellery when completing activities such as cleaning, gardening, swimming and showering.
- Apply your cosmetics, moisturisers and hair products before adding your jewellery with clean hands.
- Do not spray perfume directly onto or around your jewellery.
- Avoid impact with hard surfaces, including other items of jewellery. This will protect against scratching and chipping. Rings are prone to coming into contact with hard surfaces, so please take care as the removal of plating due to wear and tear is not covered by our warranty.
- Please note that all metals oxidise naturally with time and will require maintenance.
Gemstones + Pearls:
Our gemstones are delicate and will chip or shatter on impact with hard surfaces, so please take care when handling and storing. Our beautiful pearls are natural freshwater pearls, and also need to be treated with care to avoid being damaged. Please note that any stones or pearls that are damaged due to mishandling will not be viewed as faulty.
Our 'clicker' style hoop earrings feature a beautiful seamless design which would not be possible without this hinge and clicker mechanism. However as metals are malleable the post may be accidentally moved out of its correct position due to wear. Please be sure to readjust the position of your earring post as required to ensure they 'click' securely into place with each wear. This can be done by gently moving the post up our down very slightly until it is back into its right position.
Store your item in a moisture free room, in the box or pouch provided. Moisture and humidity can cause oxidisation and tarnishing, so please avoid storing your jewellery in the bathroom and keep your jewellery away from all sources of heat.
Adjusting your items
Adjustable rings are designed to be altered to your size once, and damage caused by excessive bending will not be viewed as a product fault. Adjust your item to the correct size by applying light pressure to bend the metal. Please keep in mind that continual adjustment will cause the metal to fatigue and may cause damage.